CLOSED: Operational Environment Monitoring of Autonomous Drilling Equipment
BHP is seeking solutions for operational environment monitoring of autonomous drilling equipment.
Deadline: 26th April, 2021
Site: Escondida Mine
The objective of the challenge is to search for technological solutions to remotely monitor the presence of vehicles or workers in the perimeter near autonomous drilling equipment, according to the operational and environmental conditions of Minera Escondida.
Solutions must meet the following requirements:
- Enable monitoring of the drilling rig during the entire operation time, with real-time information available in the integral operations center.
- Detection of people, animals or equipment that are nearby.
- Operate in different lighting conditions, both during the day and at night.
- Operate in high pollution environments.
- Compatibility with Minera Escondida communication and cybersecurity networks and protocols.
- Meet quality and safety standards of Minera Escondida.
- Consulting or engineering studies.