Austmine STEM METS Career Pathway Program
Austmine's STEM METS Career Pathway Program offers students the opportunity to receive a paid internship at one of our world-leading member companies. This initiative is supported by METS Ignited.
The program raises awareness of the METS sector within the next generation of employees and works to change the perception of a mining industry career from “old-world” to one filled with technology-driven, entrepreneurial opportunities. The program is designed to provide students on-the-job experience, mentoring and soft skills training for a successful STEM career in the METS sector, through a ten week paid internship at an Austmine member company. Participating students also receive online coaching, honorary Austmine membership and ongoing support through their internship.
What does the program include?
- Industry information sessions, where students will be able hear from host companies on the internships they are offering, and ask any questions they may have about the program and the sector.
- A series of webinars featuring industry speakers to provide coaching for the successful students on starting a career in the METS sector.
- A 10 week paid internship at a participating METS company.
- Access to our dedicated STEM METS Careers LinkedIn group, to connect those wishing to network with our sector.
Member Companies - Why Participate?
- An application screening and interview process provided by Austmine to access the next generation of highly skilled STEM Workers.
- Diversify your workplace with second, third, fourth year and Masters STEM interns.
- Support your sector’s future by educating young engineers, scientist, mathematicians and technologists on career options in the METS sector.
- Strengthen your connections with universities for both research and educational links.
- Interns can provide new perspectives and help with projects or tasks.
- Be recognised by Austmine and the broader METS community as leaders in the sector.
- Ongoing support provided by Austmine throughout the program
STEM METS Career Pathway Program Information Brochure - Employers
FAQs for Participating Employers
STEM METS Career Pathway Program Information Brochure - Students
FAQs for Students
2019 Program Highlights - Austmine
2019 Student Interviews
2019 Post Program Intern Interview | Michael Gunawan, RCR
2019 Post Program Intern Interview | Hanne Newman, Geological Survey of NSW
2019 Post Program Intern Interview | Ahmad Amound, RME
2019 Post Program Intern Interview | Joel Christie, Bluefield
2019 Post Program Intern Interview | Demi Li, Intov8
2019 Post Program Intern Interview | Kriangkrain Waisurasing, AMC Consultants
2019 Post Program Intern Interview | Kazi Khubaib, Interlate
2019 Post Program Intern Interview | Sachin Fernando, CRC ORE
For further information, please contact Nicole Colomb
or 02 9357 4660.